- The Spectra Precision DR400 is a combination Laserometer (HL700) with a built in electronic laser grade rod.
- The DR400 combines both functions (receiver and rod) in a handheld receiver sized package.
- The DR400 incorporates Trimble HL700 Supercell technology, laser distance measuring technology and angle sensing components to achieve these goals.
- The DR400 is 3 products All-in-One: A DigiRod system, A handheld laser distance meter, A stand-alone Laserometer (HL700)
- Built in angle sensing and COMPENSATION up to 30° allows remote measurements in deep excavations without danger, reduces trips down into the excavation, and practically eliminates rod tilt errors
- Emulates rods as long as 6m (20 ft) in a package only 30cm (12 in) long that you can wear on your belt
- Emulates all existing rod types: Indirect Elevation (rod with 0 on bottom and high number on top), Direct Elevation with or without Sea Level Reference, Cut/Fill
- Selectable rod units of measure; Meters, Feet, Inches
- Can be easily carried in a small vehicle in urban areas, extremely portable and lightweight
- Contractor can do his initial survey to calculate dirt volumes, then immediately switch to excavating with cut/fills without switching rods
- Eliminates errors from users misreading rods, scales, incorrectly calculating rod operations or remembering whole sea level numbers
- Saves operating cost due to zero rod maintenance (direct elevation reading Lenker rods need tapes replaced yearly at $200 / each)
- As Distance Meter; Range up to 50m (160ft), Accuracy of ±2.0mm (±1/16in)
- 5 Year Warranty, 3 Years “No Excuses”
- Package Includes DR400 unit, Holster with belt clip (for pocket or belt attachment), snap on handle grip, laser glasses, Standard HL750 rod clamp.
- Discontinued, Stock available is limited
- Concrete Contractors
- Excavating Contractors
- General Contractors
- Significantly reduces concrete costs (Concrete is currently $110/yard) by reducing rod errors
- Allows readings without marking/damaging concrete finishes, staff cleaning is eliminated
- Allows readings from screed operator/rider during screed operations
- Reduces trips into the hole, increases safety, allows easy readings in deep excavations
- Excavator operator stores the “rod” in the cab
- Increases productivity by always having the correct rod type available
- Reduces errors and material costs from temporary or unskilled users
Spectra Precision quick links:
Spectra Precision GL422 dual-slope Grade Laser
Spectra Precision Laser Level LL500
UL633 Universal Laser, 3 Axes